I love taking a look back at my past life. Now I’m not talking about going back to the time I spent in the womb. I’m talking about taking a look back at the last few years. It is easy for me to do that because I was blogging regularly back in the day which was fantastic.
The blog dates don’t reflect the time I spent before I moved the blog to Blue Host Webhosting company.
I was also podcasting more consistently. Not a lot, but definitely more consistently. There is so much to talk about, but I don’t want to bore you to death. (here is the podcast link FanDayRadio)
Keep in mind that I started LizForADay in 2010. It was actually called Liz’s Fantabulous Day blog at that time. However, I had to change the name because people were mistakenly looking for Liz’s “Fantastic” Day (WRONG).
I wanted the name to reflect “Life as I Live it” which has always been my tag line. This blog is all about me and for me. Don’t get it twisted. I know that sounds selfish, but it is very true.
I actually started blogging on Typepad. It was for my business, Smart Office Help. At that time I did know how popular blogging would become. So I had a bit of practice. I opened an account on GoDaddy and migrated to WordPress. That was a pivotal move for me.
I then decided to move to self-hosting on Blue Host using the WordPress install and I was off and running.
So let us begin with this week in August 2011:
- I resubmitted my podcast to iTunes because I didn’t know what the hell I was doing and the feed was screwed up. It’s all good now.
- I was working in Iraq and was attempting to downsize my belongings. Why? Becuase it was time to go. I only had a few months left on my work contract and I had to go through the process of shipping all my s$%# home.
Week of August 2012 & 2013
- I released an episode of FanDayRadio (Which, again was not the original name). I talked about the summer Olympics and how I was in awe of the runners. I was in awe because I was training for a marathon at that time. The Disney Half marathon to be exact. You can check out my hilarious race report for the Disney half marathon here. I also was running at least 6 miles on the weekends. That is fantastic. I am so proud of me.
- I retold the story of me falling off a running treadmill. Oh the horror… Not really. I didn’t get hurt, but it was gut-wrenchingly funny. Even though I was the only witness.
- I talked about how I felt like my blog was so much bigger than the experiences that I recorded on it.
- I purchased my Snowball mic and used it to record my podcast and it sounded so good.
- I also discussed a lot of ways to be green when it comes to the environment. I talked about some things that even I had forgotten. What a great reminder.
- There was research that I’d done concerning Mason Bees.
- I produced and posted my video of how to make homemade healthy mouthwash.
- I also was ending my post with my salutation, “your lurvly lotus Lizzy”. (Got to start doing that again)
- I remembered being invited to actually run with another human. I usually ran alone. I was excited about that.
Week of August 2013-2015
- There weren’t any post after that. I had really fallen off the wagon by then.
Here is a list of the blog post for those time periods. In my defenses, I attempted to clean them up a bit and do some updating. Overall the contents of each post I pretty much still the original material.
Exit plan and 2 much stuff http://wp.me/p2Moof-1k
It’s all about my podcast, Fan Day Radio, iTunes Submission, YaY! http://lizforaday.com/fantabulous-day-129-its-all-about-my-podcast-fan-day-radio-itunes-submission
Fan Day Radio #19 – Olympic Spirit, Mileage Milestones, The Taliban Treadmill, Mason Bees, Chilly Pad Gear Bag Review http://wp.me/p2Moof-c5
Wild Planet Tuna and My Thoughts on Sustainability http://wp.me/p2Moof-ck
Running Alone and An Unexpected Invite http://wp.me/p2Moof-cx
And the Heavens Opened Up! http://wp.me/p2Moof-cD
Before and After, Get Moving for God Sake! http://wp.me/p2Moof-cO
Quick, Easy, Super Fresh, Homemade Natural Mouthwash http://wp.me/p2Moof-22M
I really enjoyed looking back this week. I can’t wait until next week and I hope you are as excited as me.
Your Lurvly Lotus
Question for you
Do you ever look back at a journal or blog to see what you were doing back in the day?